Cylindrical tablets with a flat surface, and dash trim, white to light gray (on the surface of tablets allowed marbling – blotches) with a specific smell.
300 mg containing the active substance:
megestrol acetate 5 mg;
Additional ingredients: sugar powder, calcium carbonate, sodium carboxymethylcellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone, flavor, magnesium stearate, Sucre.
Megestrol acetate – a synthetic progestogen, which affects the hypothalamic-pituitary system of animals and blocks excretion of gonadotropin hormones (follicle stimulating and luteinizing). With a lack of these hormones in the blood of delayed maturation of follicles in the ovaries of females and males blocking the synthesis of testosterone, resulting in stops estrus and sexual desire in animals. In Dog and cat drug reduces sexual activity and the related behavior.
Mechanism of action of megestrol acetate has two main areas of influence on the body: antyhonadotropna activity manifested in inhibition of secretion of gonadotropin hormones and delay ovulation, which is the result of delays clinically estrus; progestogen action is a direct effect on the endometrium of the uterus, which activates the secretory phase, which slows implantation embryo, increasing contraceptive properties of the drug.
Orally for dogs and cats to prevent or stop oestrus in cats, bitches, prevention of unwanted pregnancy in female dogs and cats, as well as to suppress sexual desire in cats and Kobel.
Orally with food or forcibly directly on the root of the tongue
– To prevent oestrus – 1 tablet for 10-14 days. After discontinuation of the drug estrus occurs within 14 days;
– To stop the oestrus – 1 tablet daily for 3-5 days (from the date of display signs of sexual arousal);
– As a contraceptive – 3 tablets within days after mating;
– To prevent oestrus – 1 tablet per 10 kg of body weight once every 14 days. After discontinuation of the drug estrus occurs within 21 days;
– To stop the oestrus – 1 tablet per 10 kg for 7 days (from the date of display signs of sexual arousal);
– As a contraceptive – 2 tablets per 5 kg of body weight daily for 2 days after mating;
– For sedation during sexual arousal – 1 tablet daily for 3-5 days;
– For sedation during sexual arousal – 1 tablet per 10 kg body weight daily for 5 days.
Do not use the drug for diseases of the genitourinary system tumors, immature, pregnant and lactate animals. Do not use the drug if after the onset of estrus has been more than 3 days, and young animals first estrus because of the difficulty determining the beginning of the cycle.
Prolonged use of the drug to change the nature, development of breasts, increased appetite and consequent weight gain of the animal.
Blister packaging of 10, 30, 100 tablets.
Dry, dark place at a temperature of 5 º C to 25ºS and relative humidity above 75%.
Do not store together with food.
Shelf life – 3 years from manufacturing date.